Friday, April 1, 2016

Faux Foodie-Bunny Cookies

For Easter this year my mother and I had a bright idea of making bunny cookies to sell at her office. I sent out the pictures of some bunny cookies I made a few years before to see if anyone would be interest. And they were. 
We ended up making 60 bunny cookies and there were still people who wanted them after they ran out. 
In the past when I have made a bunch of decorated cookies like this I have done it on my own. My mom had no idea how much work goes into these. She stayed the evening and helped me put the initial white frosting base on the cookies.
At one point she declared that she was snow blind.
She also finally agreed with me that this takes a lot of work. Finally, she got it. 
I didn't get that many pictures of the finished cookies. This is the only one that I have. By the time I had finished my hand was shaking and some bunny eyes were not even. I did not think they were perfect but according to my mom everyone loved them.
Let me just say that my house smelled like powdered sugar for days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...