Friday, April 29, 2016

5 Fandom Friday- Fandoms You Hold Dear But No One Knows Of

5 Fandom Friday Time!
This week's prompt from The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick is "Fandoms you hold dear but no one knows of".


1. Pushing Daisies

via GIPHY
I have mentioned this lovely show on my blog many times. I absolutely loved this show and was gutted when it ended. Outside of my social media geeky friends no one knows this show. I have this on DVD and have tried to convince people to watch it but they just never seem interested. It is a shame. Even with only two seasons this show made such an unique impact on a few people.

2. The Vampire Chronicles
I remember sneaking a copy of Interview with the Vampire to read when I was younger because my mom thought I was too young to read these books. These books are the reason I could never get into the whole Twilight craze. Trying to read about sparkly morose vampires just didn't compare the the Rock Star Lestat. Since Twilight became so popular many other Vampire novels started to overwhelm books stores and Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles seem to have been forgotten. 
#TeamLestat

3. My Favorite Bands
  
It seems that some of my all time favorite bands are just not well known. Or in some cases people just assumed they they are no longer a band. 
For example my all time favorite band Placebo have been a band now for 20 years. Yet if I mention them people either think they broke up years ago or they have no clue who I'm talking about.
Other bands like IAMX seem to only have an underground following. People that know of The Sneaker Pimps may not even know this band exists.
Also I am still obsessed with Garbage's Shirley Manson. She is my icon. 

4. Terry Prachett
I cannot remember how I discovered Terry Prachett's books, but I adore his DiscWorld novels. Unfortunately I really don't know that many people IRL that have read his books. I do have one close friend that I know read Good Omens because she named her kid after a character in it. But I think she is more of a Neil Gaiman fan.

5. Beetlejuice the Cartoon
They cartoon Beetlejuice represents all that was wonderful in my childhood. It may have also contributed to my goth phase because I wanted to be Lydia Deetz. Somehow this glorious cartoon has been forgotten. I will make it my mission to show my "nieces" this and so many other kid shows from my childhood. Tiny Toon Adventures, Eureka's Castle, Alice in Wonderland, Roundhouse, Ren & Stimpy.... I had a great TV viewing experience as a kid.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love Pushing Daisies. It gives me all the feels. Been considering reading all of The Vampire Chronicles...might do that this summer, made the dumb goal of reading 300 books this year. :O Also loved Beetlejuice, Tiny Toon Adventures, Ren & Stimpy. Cartoons have definitely gotten worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pushing Daisies! I will watch anything with Lee Pace in it, really. But that show got my father saying "The facts were these" for years after (in the voice). Dang, I miss that show.

    Also yay for Terry Pratchett novels! Always great for a giggle. :)

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...