Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Netflix Picks- May 2016

It is the first of the month so here is my list of Netflix Picks. Only this month in honor of Captain America: Civil War I am choosing movies and T.V. shows with actors for CA: CW.
Since this is Netflix I can't promise how long these titles will be streaming.

Chris Evans
Fantastic Four
Chris Evans as Johnny Storm is so funny and adorable. Fave part is when he is pranking "The Thing" with whip cream like a teenage girl. Such a far cry from the Captain we know and love.

Scarlet Johansson w/ Chris Evan
The Nanny Diaries
To be perfectly honest I didn't really like this film but it has Scarlet (aka The Black Widow) and Chris Evans in it so I thought I would just add it here and leave it up to you to decide.

Robert Downey Jr.
Chaplin
Chaplin is the film that really first showcased what an incredible actor RDJ is. It took him away from the "Brat Pack" stereotype and truly show how he could seamlessly embody an character, or in this case a character based on a real man.

Sebastian Stan
Political Animals
    
My love for Bucky should be apparent for anyone that knows me. In this TV series Sebby plays the gay son of two political powerhouse but he is battling addiction and depression. 
This is an excellent show with some great performances all around.

*Also for Sebastian Stan check out the Mad Hatter episodes of Once Upon a Time. That is where my crush began ; )

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Not Steaming
There are a couple of films I want to add that are no on Netflix right now but if you get a chance to see them you might like them.

In Secret
Starring Elizabeth Olsen and Oscar Issac. Basically you get the Scarlet Witch and Star War's Poe falling in love even though she is married to "Draco Malfoy" and Jessica Lange is she mother-in-law. 
A period film based on the novel Therese Raquin

A Love Song For Bobby Long
I wasn't a fan of Scarlet Johansson until this film. A young woman moves into her deceased mother's house with two alcoholic friends of her mom. One of which is John Travolta. This movie shouldn't work but for me it does.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...