Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Faux Foodie- Captain America

Basically everything this month for me is Captain America related. 
If I had more money, oh the merchandise I would buy.
Moving on to Faux Foodie time.
I wanted to make some Captain America related snacks this month.

 Capt's Shield Pizza
This was pretty simple to make. It is just a homemade pizza with pepperoni designs. To make the Star center I laid out a small circle of pepperoni and used a star cookie cutter.
I think this came out great.

Eton Mess Steve Roger's Style
I have made Eton mess many times because it is absolutely scrumptious.
To make this more "American" I simply added blue food coloring to the meringue cookies.
Learn from my mistake, don't go overboard with the coloring. There were a lot of blue mouths. 

The other ingredients to Eton Mess stayed the same. Strawberries (mine were pre-cut and sugary) and whipped cream.
For the best results don't go with store bought whipped cream. Make your own. It just needs whipping cream, sugar and some vanilla extract and that makes all the difference. 

And there it is. A delicious red, white and blue dessert that Steve and Bucky would love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...