Friday, September 11, 2015

5 Fandom- Broadway Roles I'd Love to Play

This weeks 5 Fandom comes from @m_williams316, via The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick.
And this is the hardest one yet!!
I consider myself an actress no matter how long I go between performances...even years depending on how my life is going. I literally have a giant list of parts I would love to play. I almost made this into a list of my favorite roles I have played but then changed my mind.
I even tried to narrow this down to musicals or straight plays. That didn't help.
Here goes the random list of the first 5 roles that come across my mind...eek

1. Maggie the Cat
Sometimes I feel like I am already living in a Tennessee Williams play so wanting to be Maggie from Cat on a Hot Tin Roof doesn't seem unrealistic. The movie version has Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman, I love this film and they are amazing. In fact one of my audition monologues comes from this play. 
"No neck little monsters!"

2. Ado Annie
I'm from Oklahoma, so of course I want to be in the musical Oklahoma. I've known all the songs from this musical since before I can remember. Just outside of my home town there used to be this outdoor theatre every summer that produced Oklahoma and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. It was call Discoveryland. I went almost every summer, multiple times. Unfortunately the owner died a few years ago and between this and the oppressive heat these past few summers, Discoveryland has close indefinitely. I regret I never even got to audition for this.

3. Magenta or Janet
I'm a massive Rocky Horror fan. My nickname used to be Magenta to my friend's Riff Raff. While I would love to play Magenta, Janet is also up there on my list of roles. The whole musical is amazing, a little dirty and so much fun. We are lucky here in Tulsa to have a yearly production of this musical with some of the most talented local actors playing these iconic roles. I try and go see it every year.
4. Anything Shakespeare
Romeo and Juliet introduced me to acting. The 1968 film is one of the reasons I wanted to start acting. Shakespeare comedies tend to appeal to me the most, but I would not ever say no if the opportunity to be in anything Shakespearean.
I have played Rosaline in Love's Labour's Lost back in High School.

5. Titanic the Musical
The first touring production I ever went to was Titanic. I was such a fan of the movie that my mom took me to see this when it came to the Tulsa PAC. We had never seen a touring production before, I doubt we even knew about them at that time. I actually liked the musical more than the film. There are so many great characters in the musical it would be hard to choose one, but Kate McGowan would be at the top of the list.

To be honest I could continue this list into the 100's 



8 comments:

  1. Great list! And I'm with you, I could go WAY beyond 5 for this list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meanwhile I'm just sitting here like, "There was a Titanic musical????"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! I picked Magenta for one of my selections as her role is just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Titanic the musical!! I would fear that one...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good, the songs were great and characters where perfect

      Delete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...