Wednesday, September 23, 2015

September Ipsy and Birchbox

Finally received this month's Ipsy and Birchbox. Birchbox seemed to take forever to get here. These are monthly subscription boxes that cost $10 each shipped in the US. I share these with my mom, so anything in Blue are the products she choose.

A really great glam bag this month from Ipsy. Also Ipsy sends out a makeup bag every month.
  • Trust Fund Beauty Elegantly Wasted- Full size lilac nail polish. I looked up the retail and it is $15. Great coverage with just one coat.
  • NYX Eye Shadow Trio- Love all the full sized products in this bag. Nice colors in the palette.
  • City Color Cosmetics Be Bold 3X Mascara- I am pretty sure this is a full sized product. It is larger than most mascaras sent in these boxes.
  • Eau Thermale Avene Soothing Moisture Mask- Considering it is a mask the sample size is not bad. 
  • J. Cat Beauty #MOTD Waterproof Eye Pencil- The color is bronze and it goes on pretty easily. Really vivid color.

  • Davines Ol All in One Milk- A leave-in treatment to add volume, shine and protect hair. (Also included in this box: A Davines Ol shampoo and conditioner samples, the packets behind the black bottle).
  • Wilmac Schumann Skin Care Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads- I haven't tried this yet. They look interesting.
  • Rituals Happy Buddah Foaming Shower Gel- This shower gel is orange and cedar. The container is tricky, I meant to get a small amount out to try it and it went everywhere.
  • Benefits Cosmetics Gimme Brow- It looks like a tiny mascara but wit is a gel that you use to fill in and/or shape your eyebrows. Actually works really well.
  • (Malin+Goetz) grapefruit face cleanser- I like getting cleansers in these boxes but I am a little wary of the grapefruit. Will have to risk this another time. (A sample of face moisturizer was also included)
To me Ipsy won this month. Great products that are also mainly full sized. I do like the diversity and higher end products that Birchbox sends out.
Favorites: Ipsy- Tie between the Nail polish and the Eye Shadow Trio, Birchbox- Benefit's Gimme Brow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...