Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 2016 Wrap Up

First thing I need a bit of help.
As of right now I have cancelled all my subscription boxes and that has left me with a gap in this blog. Also add the fact that not much is happening worth blogging about right now. Hopefully that will change soon.
Until then I need to find something to write about that will also be worth reading. So I thought I would go straight to the people that are reading this right now.
I have a few ideas and would love to know what you think.
(Currently I have two monthly post; Faux Foodie and Literary Fixation)
Idea 1- Netflix Pick of the Month. Towards the first of the month I could choose a title that I watched and enjoyed on Netflix and write a non-spoilery review/suggestion.
Idea 2- Soundtracks and Scores- Not really sure about this one. It would just be highlighting soundtracks and scores that I love.
Idea 3- Exploring Tulsa- Which could include dragging my mom or a friend to find inexpensive thing to do and see in Tulsa, OK.
I am just lacking the ideas right now. So any suggestions would be a help.
----------------------------
Now to the monthly wrap up.
Movies

I finally got to watch Crimson Peak. I made sure to avoid all spoilers. It was not what I expected, but I actually enjoyed it. The look and feel of the film is great. I absolutely love the sets and costumes. Tom Hiddleston is perfect as always. And the story itself was interesting. I thought it would be another type of storyline and was pretty please that it turned out differently.

I also managed to get a hold of a copy of God Help The Girl. I have been wanting to see this movie for awhile. Every since the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode where Jemma is undercover at Hydra and the song "God Help The Girl" plays through the opening montage, I have listened to these songs. (Note I prefer the non soundtrack versions of the songs)
Unfortunately I just did not care for the film. I really cannot put my finger on the reason but I didn't feel anything for the characters.

Quilts

Once again I have made a baby quilt. I really have no clue what I am doing. Things go wrong and I just keep plowing through. I am okay at piecing the top but when it comes to the actual quilting part it just all goes wrong.
I really hope the new niece won't mind that her quilt is sub-par.   
Maybe I need to take a class or something.

That basically sums up the month. Other than the massive amount of Bunny cookies I had to make last week with I may write about later.



2 comments:

  1. I really like the Netflix idea because I am always looking for recommendations. My boyfriend and I always watch the same shows and now that he works longer hours I have to find new things to watch without him. I also like the Tulsa idea because I lived there for a short time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those are to ones I've been thinking about the most : )

      Delete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...