Friday, March 11, 2016

5 Fandom Friday: Fav Fictional Foods

It's Friday, which means 5 Fandom time!!
This week's 5 Fandom Friday is all about favorite fictional foods. Thanks to the lovely Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick for keeping us geeky bloggers entertained with these fun prompts.

1. Drink Me & Eat Me
Being slightly obsessed with all thing Alice related I always wanted to try the foods from Wonderland. If you remember from the films or the book, Alice comes across a bottle that says "Drink me" which causes her to shrink. Then once she is just a few inches tall she finds cake with "Eat Me" on it which causes her to grow. I would love to be able to control my height at any given time. 

2. Pies from Waitress
Waitress is one of those endearing and quirky films that also has depth. And also some of the prettiest pies.  I actually would love to try and make all the pies she describes in the film. Maybe I will someday. Yum.

3. Pan Galactic Garble Blaster
This fictional cocktail from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy sounds both painful and delectable. In the book it is described as "having your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick". This may not appeal to everyone, but I would love to try it.

4. Fizzy Lifting Drink

Everything in the original Wonka movie looks delicious and creepy. That one room where everything is eatable is as far as I would have made it. "Just leave me here, I'm good. nom nom nom". Yet I would really like to try the Fizzy Lifting drink. I would be a bit more careful, like checking for industrial ceiling fans beforehand. The idea of being able to "fly" for a few minutes sounds fantastic.

5. Basically All The Food In Harry Potter's World
From the Chocolate Frogs to Butterbeer, the World of Harry Potter is full of some of the most creative foods known to wizards. Luckily many of these have been made for us Muggles. But it is not the same. My chocolate frogs don't hop. A feast does not magically appear on my table. Being a muggle sucks. Guess I'll just have to make a hot fudge sundae without any magic.

8 comments:

  1. Dammit, why didn't I think of Alice in Wonderland! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to everything on this list! I'd totally try the Pan Galactic Garble Blaster, even if it meant I'd end up miserable the next morning:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'd love some fizzy lifting drink and so much yes to the pies from Waitress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waitress is one of my FAVORITE movies. I can't believe I didn't think of it for the prompt.

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...