Friday, March 4, 2016

5 Fandom Friday- OTPs

I can think of no better way to reenter the blogsphere than to come back with a 5 Fandom Friday.
Since last month I took a break from the blog I missed out on some 5 Fandom Friday fun. Lucky for me this week The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick choose a "make-up prompt" week. I choose "Favorite One True Pairing" for my make-up post (cupcakes came a close second.

1. FitzSimmons (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
For me FitzSimmons have been a packaged deal since day one. They have had many things come between them but you just hope for the day that everything works out in their favor.

2. Steve (Capt. America) and Peggy (Agent Carter)

One of Marvel's most tragic love affairs. Two people, perfect for each other, a dance date set and then time literally comes between them. I love that Peggy fell for Steve before he become Captain America. 
Even though I am more than fine with Peggy ending up with Sousa, I will always want Steve and Peggy to get their happily ever after.
Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with some Steve and Bucky bromance ; )

3. Rory and Amy (Doctor Who)

Amy and Rory were my favorite companions on Doctor Who. Their love story felt real. Amy may have been the Alpha but they were equals in so many ways. They saved each other as well as the Doctor
The trio of 11, Amy and Rory will always be peak Doctor Who for me.

4. Ned and Chuck (Pushing Daisies)

I still wish Pushing Daisies had been given a bigger chance. Everything about this show was beautiful and quirky. I absolutely loved the visuals.
At its heart though was the love story of Ned and Chuck. Childhood friends who meet again after Ned brings Chuck back from the dead with his accidental magic.
There romance is bittersweet because if Ned touches Chuck again she will be dead and stay dead. Yet even with that morbid crux they still have one of the sweetest relationships.

5. Logan 5 and Jessica 6
Logan's Run is one of my all time favorite films....ever.
Yes it is campy at times but I love it. It was filmed in an old mall in Texas. The effects are bad. I don't care. This is one of the first films that made me love sci-fi. Plus it has a Jerry Goldsmith score. Don't know who he is? Look him up, some of the most memorable movie scores were written by him.
At the center of the movie is the love story on the run of Logan and Jessica. Possible my first OTP.
Watch this film and love it









2 comments:

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...