Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Donating Hair

My hair had gotten really long. It was long enough that I could almost sit on it if I wasn't paying attention. While I like my hair long it does have it drawbacks. Waking up looking like Cousin It and Medusa's spawn. The excessive amount of shampoo needed to wash it. The wind trying to blind and choke me with it. 
Instead of just trimming it I wanted to donate it instead.

I looked into a few different donation groups and decided to go with Pantene Beautiful Lengths. This group makes wigs for women who have lost their hair due to cancer. They only require 8 inches of hair, which was not a problem for me since I ended up cutting around 12 inches off. I do not have anything against any of the other donation programs. I think that they all are trying to do some good for people who need it. I just choose this group based on some research.
Not the most flattering backside picture
After trimming up my hair a bit, to even it out, it feels so strange. It hits just below my shoulders. I have not had my hair this short in years. I will admit it is easier to deal with. Since it has been so cold lately it is nice to not have so much hair to dry. 
Also I think my mom had a perverse glee in cutting off my ponytail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...