Friday, November 21, 2014

5 Fandom Friday: Characters I Would Invite To My Thanksgiving Feast

I do not always make a 5 Fandom Friday post but I love having the option of using a fun geeky prompt as a blog topic. It is especially welcomed when I have had a bad week and coming up with a blog post just doesn't happen.
The brilliant ladies behind the idea are The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick.

This week's Fandom Friday is "Characters I Would Invite To My Thanksgiving Feast".
I decided to make this a bit more of a challenge and only include American characters, or at least American based characters. It is a challenge because most of my fandoms are UK related. 

1. Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who and Torchwood
I believe he is technically an American character. With the help of the Captain's time vortex manipulator there would be no waiting around for the turkey to cook. Plus he is charming and omnisexy. He will charm the whole family.

2. Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead
This handsome, brooding hunter is needed for a Thanksgiving feast. Not only will he bring the freshly caught turkey but he will know how to carve it to perfection. There is a chance that he will bring some squirrels for side dishes though.  

3. Max from Two Broke Girls
I will need a drinking buddy and who better than Max. She would totally be up for free food. And maybe even bring some cupcakes for dessert, although they probably had fallen on the diner floor.
  
4. Regina from Once Upon a Time
Someone has to bring the class and sophistication to the table, so who better than the Queen herself. I bet she makes an apple pie to die for.

5. John Crichton from Farscape
To be perfectly honest I just feel that John needs a good old fashioned Thanksgiving meal. After years of food cubes the boy deserves a turkey and cornbread stuffing.






17 comments:

  1. I love that you chose Max and Regina. I'm not familiar with the others, but those 2 would sure to make an interesting dinner haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a sassy snarkfest with wine, perfection

      Delete
  2. Max from 2 Broke Girls is an excellent choice! I'd love to have her too I think. She'd make the day an awesome event to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her, she says what I think but would never say out loud lol

      Delete
  3. If you want to get technical about it, Jack Harkness is from one of Earth's colony worlds - "The Boeshane Peninsula" - sometime in the 51st century. In 1941, he assumed the alias of an American volunteer, Captain Jack Harkness, who had died in action the January prior. :) While I agree that he would totally be welcome, part of me is afraid that it'll end up like that thanksgiving episode of 3rd Rock From the Sun with Jack and whoever he's charmed (probably me) on the kitchen table licking leftovers off each other :D

    http://exitinterview.biz/lists/illustrations/third_rock_turkey.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, since his alias is American I'm counting it lol. It would not matter anyway because that chin dimple and grin, totally invited!

      Delete
  4. I agree that he would totally be welcome at my thanksgiving feast too*

    teach me not to proofread my comment a couple dozen more times before posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Captain Jack AND Daryl Dixon would be freaking sweet.

    http://www.mediaformisfits.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Captain Jack!! He's got quite the grin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Captain Jack is a great choice! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Captain Jack!! And Regina!! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Captain Jack Harkness is everything! I love him. He'd definitely get the party started ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some people I never would have thought of but I definitely approve!

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...