Friday, November 14, 2014

November Ipsy and Birchbox

Since I have been getting both Birchbox and Ipsy for a few months now I thought it would be fun to put up a monthly review. So far I am really enjoying these subscription boxes. I share them with my mom. We open them up and take turns choosing what we want. It has worked out really well for us so far.
Both Ipsy and Birchbox send products based on an initial beauty questionnaire. Which means that not everyone gets the same products in their boxes each month. They both also have a points program which is also great. Freebies!
Since I share these boxes with my mom the products in blue are the ones I received out of the boxes.

  • Coola Tinted Matte SPF 30 For Face- A tinted moisturizer. The size of the sample is pretty good. She hasn't used it yet. 
  • Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive- A facial peel using fruit acids to dissolve dead skin. I tried this and I have pretty sensitive skin and it didn't cause any irritation. Again she hasn't tried it as yet.
  • Firecraker ChocoPods- A bonus sampling of some chocolate. We both tried this and we both did not like it. If it had been the orange or the honeycomb sample it may have been different but the chipotle taste was too much. 
  • ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick in Get Naked- A great size sample of lipstick, only neither of us wear nude color lipsticks. 
  • Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Lotion- I really like this sample. Perfect size for my purse. I've been using it to help with my dry cuticles. It is sea fennel and absorbs well.
  • Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk in Natural Tint- This dry shampoo is tinted for brunettes and since my mom has black hair I got it. I have never used dry shampoo before but I tried it and it worked really well. 
Ipsy
Ipsy's glam bag includes a makeup bag each month. This month is was a silver glitter one, see top picture.
  • Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Eye Base- The sample I got was Submissive. It is a creamy base that can either be used alone or to build up other eye-shadows on. It is a pretty shimmery color that I will probably use on its own
  • TEMPTU S/B Highlighter - This is a sheer, pearly highlighter to use when contouring with makeup. Not really sure how to use this with my regular makeup so I will be experimenting with it. 
  • J Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint- The sample I got was Red Potion. It is a very dark red but it is lighter on, than in the tube. It is also really messy to use but it looks good with my pale skin tone and dark hair. And it has good staying power. It may be my favorite from this bag.
  • Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil- You can't see it in the picture but the eye pencil came in the color Ultra Orchid. A shimmery purple. Not sure about the staying power with so many sparkles in it.
  •  Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine Hairspray- A decent sized sample of hair spray perfect for purses. She hasn't tried it yet. 

Truthfully I like both of these subscription boxes. Ipsy has more full sizes in the glam bags and they tend to send out more makeup related products. Birchbox is more of a mixed bag with skin care, lotions, makeup etc. For $10 a month each including shipping I think these are a pretty good deal. A great way to try out new products. 
My favorite products this month are from Ipsy: The Wonder Lip Paint and from BirchBox: The Spa Therapy Body Lotion









No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...