Friday, January 16, 2015

5 Fandom Friday: Conventions I've Been To Or Wish To Attend

It's Friday, Friday, 5 Fandom Friday!
This week's 5 Fandom Friday from the brilliant minds of The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick is all about conventions. I have only been to one convention. Gasp. So I will start with that one.

  1. The Tulsa Trek Expo 2009- I cannot believe that this is the only convention I have ever been to. It was a strange and wonderful experience. Having never been to one before we really didn't know what was going on or who was going to be there. So we didn't get any photo ops or autographs. Instead we walked around amazed by the cosplayers. The Ghostmobile was parked outside the convention center. Darth Vader and gold bikini Leia were there of course. And the strangest Superman I have ever seen. I will not give details on that because it was really odd. I was big into Torchwood at the time and pick up all the Torchwood badges and a picture of Jack and Gwen. I also found a very old Logan's Run badge and and 10th Doctor Who one that I had to have. For the past few years the Trek Expo has not been held : (
    A little blurry but LOGAN"S RUN
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2.  San Diego Comic Con- This is the big one everyone talks about. I want to go so badly. On G4 they used to have live coverage but sadly that is over. After watching Tom Hiddleston take over as Loki on youtube I NEED to be there. 
  3. Dragon Con- This is actually the first convention I ever heard about. I was addicted to the New Zealand post-apocalyptic kid's show The Tribe when I was in Junior High and High School. Around this time many of the cast members went to this convention. 
  4. Tokyo Tulsa- I had heard the name before but did not really pay attention to this convention until I started watching Attack on Titan, my first anime. Now I want to cosplay as a Scout.
  5. Tulsa Comic Con/ Wizard World- Last year Tulsa got its biggest convention yet. So many amazing actors and actresses came, including a bunch from The Walking Dead...Darryl!! Unfortunately I could not afford to go last year. I really hope they bring it back this year. PLEASE
Honestly there are so many conventions I would love to attend. 



5 comments:

  1. I hope you're able to attend more cons! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Lol I'm still so shocked I found a Logan's Run one

      Delete
  3. ooooh those Torchwood and 10th Doctor badges are sweet! Tokyo Tulsa sounds like it'd be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...