Friday, October 24, 2014

Spooky Reads

One week until Halloween!!!

I have never really been an avid reader of horror or suspense novels.
When I read I like to submerse myself into the world I am reading about. This is why I typically read classic fiction, historical fiction and sci-fi/fantasy books.
But that isn't to say that I do not enjoy a little horror or suspense once in awhile.

Good Omens 
Not your typical horror novel, because it isn't.
The reason I mention this book is the characters consist of a demon and an angel protagonists, Adam- the Antichrist and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
This is actually a really fun and rather sweet book.
It is a bit difficult to describe this book because there are so many characters and story lines that converge.

Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles

Twilight these are not!
I remember wanting to read these books when I was really young but I had to wait a few years. I can understand why now but at the time I was pretty obsessed with vampires. This was way before the whole Twilight craze.
(I read Twilight but I just didn't care for it)
Anne Rice's vampires are sexy, wild, cruel and ancient.
Lestat is my favorite vampire. He becomes a freakin' rock star!
One of the lesser know of Anne Rice's vampires in Pandora. Her book is so interesting from a historical view. Ms. Rice did her homework on ancient Rome. 

Edgar Allan Poe
I think almost everyone is familiar with "The Raven" .
I would like to suggest his story The Cask of Amontillado. It is creepy and interesting as only Edgar Allan Poe can write.
Also his poem "Annabel Lee" is disturbing pretty.


Do you have any Halloween reading suggestions?



4 comments:

  1. I'd suggest Edgar Allan Poe as well. My favorite story of his is The Tell Tale Heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tell Tale Heart is a classic. Poe's works really stand the test of time beautifully

      Delete
  2. Good Omens is one of my favorite Neil Gaiman books! It was funny and entertaining from cover to cover. I love the character Crowley.

    Lestat is the best vampire ever! There should be a new Lestat novel out soon (unless its already out?). Can't wait. Watch Queen of the Damned if you haven't. A bit cheesy, butgood music ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to the new Lestat book! I have the dvd and soundtrack of The Queen of the Damned. Stuart Townsend was a fun Lestat, more like I envisioned him when reading the books

      Delete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...