Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January Birchbox and Ipsy


This month's Birchbox and Ipsy subscriptions have arrived. With the winter weather wreaking havoc on my skin I was ready for these. As per usual I split these out with my mom. Anything in Purple are the products she choose.

Birchbox

  • Harvey Prince Sincerely- You can't see it in the picture but this is a perfume sample. These are my mom's favorites, mini perfumes. 
  • Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner- An olive green eyeliner that I really like. The color is subtle but different to the tried and true black. This eyeliner is so easy to use too, it is soft and glides on without any effort. 
  • Whish Body Butter Lavender- Creamy body butter that smells a little bit like baby power. 
  • DR. Jart+ Premium BB SPF 45+- I have been trying to get my mom to try a BB cream for a long time so this is perfect. And she actually likes it.
  • Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator- I literally just used this and really liked it. A little goes a long way so this sample will last. It is a exfoliating cleanser with papaya and aloe to smooth, brighten and cleanse.

Ipsy

Ipsy's glam bag includes a makeup bag each month. This month's bag is dual block colors with white on one side and blue on the other.
  • Hikari Mechanical Eyeliner in Storm- First off, love the name: Storm. The color is a pretty dark metallic grey. My problem with this eyeliner is that it is difficult to use. It doesn't go on well. 
  • (MALIN+GOETZ) Mojito Lip Balm- This is more of a gel/gloss and goes on a bit sticky. A small amount is all you need. It does have a faint hint of mint.
  • Manna Kadar Sheer Glow- A pale pink shimmer lotion. There isn't too much shimmer to it, but enough to see a difference.
  • Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow- Neither of us choose this product. My mom is not big on eye shadows and I don't like anything with coconut. I will say that it is a good sized product.
  • Eco-beauty Day Moisturizer- To be perfectly honest she hasn't tried this yet. The packaging is interesting. 

Ipsy and Birchbox are $10 a month shipped in the US. Ipsy tends to be more makeup related and Birchbox has the higher end skin care samples. I am really glad that we decided to get both of these a month. 
My favorite products this month are from Birchbox: the Sumita eyeliner and from Ipsy: the Mojito lip balm.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...