Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 Wrap Up

Let me preface this by saying that 2015 has been the worst year for me personally. A lot of pain and loss. I have continued to blog without much reference to real life problems because I want this to be a "fun space". But in all honestly I cannot wait for this year to be over and to start the New Year fresh.
So to send 2015 out, here are a few of the highlights from this year.
(This will be link filled to some of my other blog posts)

Iggles 

The best part of the year has included my fellow Iggles from the International Geek Girls Pen Pal Club. I love the camaraderie this groups has. I have participated in many Iggle activities including watch-a-longs, Iggle Camp, fitness challenges (which I never complete lol), book club and swaps. This is a great group of people and if you are not already an iggle, look into it!
www.geekgirlpenpals.com

Books
I have read a lot of books this year but two stand out. You can read my review of Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore HERE
I wish I had written about Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. It is an amazing but bittersweet novel. I read this the night after a Tornado hit my town. We were not even under a Tornado Watch. I was just sitting at the kitchen table and the sirens started. I could see the top of the wall cloud from my front door. The tornado cellar had not been cleaned out so my fear of snakes and spiders (also running out into the backyard to get to the cellar) won and I grabbed my cat and hid in the bathroom. I have never been that scared before. It was the closest a Tornado has ever come to my house. I could HEAR it. 
The electricity went off fast and stayed off until the A.M. So after I got the all clear from my parents who still had electricity I grabbed a flashlight and started to read Code Name Verity. 
Sitting in the dark, still traumatized, I read the entire book. For some reason this was the perfect way to read this book. 
Even if you have not been threatened by an act of nature, this is a big recommendation from me. A story about two girls in the middle of WWII.   


Starbucks
A Starbucks opened near me this summer! If I had the money I would be there everyday!

TV and Films
Marvel
I have fallen deeper into the Marvel Universe this year. I finally watched the first 2 seasons of Agents of Shield in time to start watching season 3. Why am I always late to the shows that I end up loving?! FitzSimmons forever!!
Also Avengers- Age of Ultron was great but I am so looking forward to Captain America: Civil War that I am actually giddy.

Sense 8
One of the best series I have seen, maybe ever, shows up this year on Netflix. An interesting sci-fi show filmed all over the world with an amazing cast, also from all over the world.

And this year I watched two shows I had ignored for years because I thought I wouldn't like them. Parks and Recs and The Office US.
Parks and Recs may now be one of my favorite shows of all time, even though the first 2 seasons weren't good, I fell in love with these strange characters.
Leslie and Ben LITERALLY forever


My Favorite Posts from this Year


No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...