Friday, March 27, 2015

March Wrap Up

This past Wednesday really emphasized that Spring is here. Meaning that I spent an hour hiding in my bathroom while listening to the screams of the tornado sirens beneath the roar of the wind. I cannot remember an actual tornado getting as close to me as this one. Add that I lost electricity right away and could not watch the news to find out what was happening. 10 long hours without power and a cell phone that had lost network. 
Oh Spring, thou art a cruel mistress.
It reminds me how much I need to get out of Oklahoma. Oklahoma is Mother Nature's Hunger Games. Tornadoes, earthquakes, blizzards, ice storms, floods, droughts... May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor.
This is how my March has ended. Not fun.
Now on to better things. What has kept me entertained this month.

Blogiversary 
One year ago this month I started writing this blog. I still do not known exactly what I am doing but I really enjoy doing it. I use this blog as an excuse to try things I wouldn't normally do, like all the different baking. Maybe by my second blogiversary I will have figured everything out. Until then, randomness as usual.

Hauls
My mom has been randomly picking up the Game of Thrones mystery minis when she comes across them. How I do love her. This month I got three and they are all new ones for me. Rob Stark, glow in the dark White Walker and Joffrey. I really only need Jon, Dany and Kal Drogo since Jamie is way too hard to find.
And I broke down and order The Winter Soldier Pop. I have become such a Marvel fan. I loved Captain America: The Winter Soldier and I was afraid that they would sell out of this pop again. I am broke but what is the point of not "treating yo self" some ( Parks and Recs...how I miss you). 

Iggles
This month was the International Geek Girl Pen Pal Club's 2nd birthday. I am so glad that I discovered this amazing community. I participated in the craft challenge this month with some birthday cake earrings.
My Iggle BookWorm reads this month were Code Name Verity and A Conspiracy of Alchemists. Code Name Verity is a WWII historical fiction book from the viewpoints of two female best friends. It is a difficult read but really worth it.
A Conspiracy of Alchemists, on the other hand, was so boring. I did not like the characters or the story. I was glad to finish it just to get it away. It is a rare book that I take such an odd disliking to. 

Movies and TV

Not necessarily a recommendation. This is one strange film. I do not know what I expected but it has Alan Rickman, Dustin Hoffman and John Hurt as the narrator. It is one long weird film.

I have just started the third season of The Borgias on Netflix. I have wanted to see this because it has Jeremy Irons and Holliday Grainger in it. It is pretty good. Not as entertaining as The Tudors or as appealing as The White Queen, but a pretty good historical fiction series.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The one thing I want to get before the end of March is the Birthday Frappe from Starbucks. I will try and go this weekend. I have a quest.  

EDIT: Birthday Frappe acquired. Eh... 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...