Friday, March 20, 2015

5 Fandom Friday: My Comfort Films

Once again the lovely ladies, The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick, have picked out a wonderfully difficult theme this week. I am a movie and TV addict with so many favorite films and shows. Narrowing it down to five comfort films was a daunting task. I think I choose a decent mix here.

Logan's Run is just my all time favorite film. This and Labyrinth (which just barely missed the cut) started my descent into SciFi and Fantasy nerdom. I love everything about this movie. Even though I will admit that the sets, costumes and graphics are pretty campy, they are why I love it so. Add a Jerry Goldsmith soundtrack and boom! instant classic. I hope with every fiber of my being that they will never re-make this. Why mess with perfection?!

2. Clue
Oh Madeline Kahn how I adore you. A movie based on a boardgame, it should not have worked. Yet a fantastic cast, glorious set and general murder shenanigans and it melds together into a fun film. I do love all the alternate endings. 

A darker filmed based off of the subject of suicide. A group of young adults in a psych ward probably doesn't seem like a film to promote comfort, but there is something relatable to these characters. Especially Cillian Murphy's Jonathan. It is a dark and witty film with an undercurrent of hope. Life can be shit, but maybe it is worth it.

I get all the Neil Patrick Harris love, he is pretty much amazing in everything that he does. But for me the one and only Hedwig is John Cameron Mitchell . Everything about this movie makes me happy. The soundtrack is fantastic, I play it a lot. JCM is just sassy and beautiful as the almost transsexual Punk-Rock goddess. I would recommend this film to everyone. 

Yes I know this is not a film, but each episode is its own magnificent short film. So it's in my list. I was trying to think of my favorite episode but there are too many. I will leave you with the song from Call of the Yeti.

12 comments:

  1. I STILL NEED to see The Mighty Boosh! I have the disc...ok that is my next marathon I'm gonna do it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahaha, absolutely love Mighty Boosh! Miso, miso, fighting in the dojo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crouton, crouton, crunchy friends in a liquid broth! LOL

      Delete
  3. CLUE I watched that very recently I absolutely love all the endings it was such a fun way to end the movie xoxo

    ♥ Cateaclysmic ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't know which one I like best : )

      Delete
  4. The boyfriend finally got me to watch CLUE. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Clue! I watched three times in a row just so I could see the alt endings

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...