Friday, March 13, 2015

5 Fandom Friday: My Fictional BFFs

I have been a little bit absence from blogging and social media this week. Why? SPRING! The weather has been glorious and I believe I have Spring Fever. I feel so antsy and I just want to get out and do something. Oh Spring, how you drive me crazy.
Now I must buckle down and write this post. Must do something slightly productive.
This week's 5 Fandom Friday theme is Fictional BFFs
Thanks to The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick for all their fun themes.

I gathered together some items that represent my fictional besties.
  1. The Cheshire cats for Alice. I may have mentioned a dozen or so times my love of all thing Alice. The books, films, miniseries and games. I feel a connection to the curious girl who walks through a looking glass. 
  2. The wine, goblet and White Walker for Cersei Lanninster. Let's face it, this girl knows her wine. If it wasn't for the whole "kill or be killed" vibe with her, she would probably be pretty fun to hang out with. 
  3. Robin plush...for Robin. 1960s Robin will always be important to me. He was my first real imaginary friend. I was an only child and a nerdy one at that. Plus young Burt Ward was adorable. 
  4. Tardis and mini Doctors for Matt Smith's Doctor. I am a whovian. And like most whovians I want to Tardis to land in my yard and the Doctor to take me on some amazing adventures. Matt Smith is my favorite incarnation of the Doctor. I'm still not feeling Peter Capaldi, maybe once Clara leaves I'll grow to like him.
  5. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for Arthur Dent. Some days I feel like Arthur. Like I have no control over my life. On those days I think of Arthur Dent. When life goes bonkers just grab a towel and blunder through it. 

Next week's Wednesday post should be Mighty Boosh/ St. Patrick's Day ECLAIRS. If I don't screw them up this weekend. "Bailey's"


4 comments:

  1. The movie version of Hitchhiker had a lot of awesome, and when I think of Arthur Dent now I see Martin Freeman being adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I'd trust Cersei as a friend but Lena is a pretty awesome lady xoxo

    ♥ Cateaclysmic ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lena is pretty awesome, but Cersei has a wine cellar ; )

      Delete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...