Wednesday, February 18, 2015

February Birchbox and Ipsy

 February's Birchbox and Ipsy subscriptions are here. I really enjoy getting these every month. At $10 a month each, including shipping, these subscription boxes are inexpensive treats. I share these with my mom so anything in RED are the products she took.

  • amika Nourishing Mask- A hair mask with sea buckthorn berry. It has been too cold lately to do anything other than jump in and out of the shower so I have not used this yet. It does smell wonderful.
  • BeeKind Body Lotion- This lotion smells so good, I mean really good. Honey and chamomile. It isn't that creamy when compared to other lotions. This is not a good winter lotion, it doesn't really moisturize that well.
  • Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant- A leave-on exfoliant. I tried it this morning after washing my face. If you are not used to using a product with salicylic acid you might notice a slight tingling feeling. I've used products like this before so it doesn't bother me anymore.
  • theBalm cosmetics Read My Lips Lip Gloss BAM!- The packaging is cute. A not too thick lip gloss in a mauve color. 
  • English Laundry- A perfume sample my mom really liked. She always grabs the perfumes out of these boxes. This has been her favorite perfume sample so far.   
Ipsy
Ipsy's Glam Bag comes with a make up bag every month.

  • City Color Cosmetics Creamy Lip Stain- A pinkish mauve lip stain. It goes on smooth and stays put. Everything you want from a lip stain. Really like the full size product. At least I think it is full sized, if not, it is a giant sample.
  • Eva NYC Up All Night Volumizing Spray- A rice derived hair spray. Not used this yet. Decent sized sample
  • Emite Make Up Eye Lash Curler- I love getting make up tools in these bags. This eye lash curler also came with three replacement pads (the red thing in between). The only draw back is that this curler is black which makes it hard to see if your lashes are actually in the curler when you use it.
  • Mitchell and Peach Fine Radiance Face Oil- It has natural anti-oxidants and vitamins. It is supposed to leave your skin feeling "plumper, firmer and glowing". Not been used yet.
  • Modelco BLUSH cheek powder- What appears to be a full sized blush. Nice color but it works better on my mom's slightly darker complexion.
This month's boxes have had a really great assortment of products. My favorite from Birchbox: BeeKind lotion and from Ipsy: the City Color Cosmetics lip stain.

Do you get either of these boxes? What are you favorites this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...