Friday, February 27, 2015

5 Fandom Friday: Characters I Would Name My Pets After


Today's geeky prompt from The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick is actually "Characters I Would Name My Kids After". I don't have kids and I do not want any, but I love animals.
My dogs are Legolas (as in LOTR) and Arthur (as in King). Kristy was named after a character from The Baby Sitter's Club books and Juliet is from Shakespeare. When Juliet had kittens I named them all after Shakespeare characters including our Lear.
So for today's fandom friday I'm going with a list of characters I would name my pets after.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of my absolute favorites in The Game of Thrones. She is a survivor. Sassy, adaptable and strong willed. You don't mess with an Ayra because she will cut you ; )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 This one comes from the musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Julie Newmar (aka Catwoman) plays Dorcas in this musical film. I will admit I call my cat, Juliet, Dorcas sometimes when she is being really weird.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love Farscape. Criton is the lost in space hero with a wicked sense of humor. I would love to have a puppy I could call out to as "Criton". Pity I cannot do a Rygel impression when saying his name.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

If I do get new puppies I want two, Criton and Chiana. I may be one of the few people that shipped Criton and Chiana. Sure they had a big brother/little sister thing going on, but the fandom wants what the fandom wants.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading the entire Mortal Instruments series the name Jace stuck with me. I know not that many people were thrilled with this YA series but I actually loved it. I have yet to find a YA series where I like the characters and the story as much as this one. Hunger Games is the other YA series I really liked.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are any of your fur babies named after favorite characters?


5 comments:

  1. I love Arya! She's one of my favorite characters from GoT! And Jace sounds like a good name too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love Arya and the actress who plays her is amazing

      Delete
  2. 7 Brides for 7 Brothers! It's kind of a creepy musical when you look at it now, but it's also a lot of fun and one of my boyfriend's favorite movies. Nice to see a nod to it in this week's 5 Fandom Friday. Bless your beautiful hide. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a bit on the creepy side but the music makes up for the abduction plot ; )

      Delete
  3. Ooooh these are all so unique sounding and cool. I love that you actually have a dog named Legolas, and Shakespearean names are the BEST.

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...