Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Eeekk! Babies!

This weekend my cousin had her baby. 
Still so strange that she is now a mom.
I made her a baby quilt, sorry no pics I barely finished it in time for the baby shower.

And her brother is having his first next month.
So....Baby Quilting Time
I really doubt my cousin reads this, but if he is STOP HERE.

I made Jordan's a bit more tradition for her daughter but I want something fun for Zach's son.
Zach loves to fish so I drew up a fish quilt.
The problem is that I really have no idea what I am doing and I am a perfectionist. That only causes heaps of problems.

After sketching to idea I began the dreaded process of measuring and cutting.
No matter how hard I try I cannot make even cuts. It is always slightly wavy.
But I plowed through.
Fish Block!!!

Oddly enough it seemed to come together.
Although after a few hours my back was aching so bad.
How did my over 80 year old great-aunt do this all the time, when king sized quilt no less.

The idea I had was making it look like fish swimming in a school.
I think it turned out pretty damn good.
It is not finished yet, I have to get the batting and pick out a backing fabric.
Still I am pretty please with the progress. I just have to get it finished before my Aunt goes to Texas to be there for the birth. 

I really hope it will be awhile before the next kid. Making a quilt is hard 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note:
I need to get back on breaking my bad gaming habit.
I just have the 9th world in Mario left and I want to finish Twilight Princess then I can begin ALICE: MADNESS RETURNS




2 comments:

  1. I frikin love Alice Madness returns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to play this. Played the original on PC and loved it. But I must finish Zelda first lol : )

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...