Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February Wrap Up

I am ready for this month to be over. It has been so cold and I have felt "blah" for most of the month. And since I live in Oklahoma, one of the places that does not adhere to seasons, it has been icy or snowy every weekend. It was in the seventies early this month and now it is 12 degrees. Pick a season!
Here are some of the things that have kept me from going full "The Shining" while being trapped in the house.

Movies and TV
I remember watching this a few years ago and really liking it. Usually when I find a movie I used to like it doesn't hold up to how I remember it years later. This movie on the other hand is still pretty good. A little funny, a little sad and a little odd. It is like the Odd Couple meets a coming of age dramedy. On Netflix.

I have watched to first generation (series 1&2) a few times. They will always be a favorites. Right now I am halfway through series 4 with the second generation. Its okay, but the first two seasons are so much better. 
Growing up in suburbia America I do wonder if this is anyway an actual portrayal of life for teenagers in the UK. My teenage years were dull in comparison.

Goodies
In December I won one of the Seven Nights of Celebration prize packs from Nerdophiles .
The theme of the box I won was DC. It included Batman and Wonder Woman comics, Joker and Harley Quinn posters, DC hero pins, A Jay and Silent Bob as Batman and Robin shirt and the greatest of the great...a plushie of the 1960s series Robin!
I have mentioned I loved Robin when I was a kid, he was my imaginary friend for years. TRUE NERD FOR LIFE.

Nail Art
One of my fun New Years resolutions included trying more nail art. Since I have been stranded here I made a few attempts. Some of them are laughably bad.
Also, I don't know how some beauty bloggers get such great nail photos. Must be magic.

Iggles and Books
IggleBookWorms
I didn't participate much with the IGGPPC this month but I did manage to read Eleanor and Park for the Iggle Book Worms and forced myself to read Shiver for the challenge. 



Melissa's bookshelf: read

Shadow Kiss
Eleanor & Park
Shiver
Cold Comfort Farm


Melissa (eris_discord42)'s favorite books »

2 comments:

  1. Did you like Eleanor and Park?? It's on my "to read" list but I haven't gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just okay for me. Not bad but I wouldn't re-read it. Didn't care for the ending : /

      Delete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...