Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Marvel Collector Corps Subscription Box

The subscription box that I have been anxiously waiting for came last week. This post will be a bit photo heavy.
Marvel Collector Corps is a new subscription box that will come out every other month. It is a collaboration with Funko. Yea! The box cost $25 plus shipping, handling and taxes so it came to about $35 to ship to the US.
This month's box is tied into the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron film, which I can't wait to see. The next box will be in June tying into the release of Marvel's Ant-Man
I am someone who loves presentation as much as what is inside. Finding Captain America's face on my front porch made me happy. Collector Corps gave a few hints and spoilers for this box on their social media pages. The Funko Hulkbuster was announced pretty early.
This is by far the heaviest Funko Pop I have ever seen. This 6 inch Pop has a lot of details but like every Funko Pop it isn't perfect. I love Funko Pops but they are hit or miss with the paint jobs. 
Another Funko product included is this Ultron Dorbz figure. Dorbz figures are "adorable" caricatures of the characters. At least that is what they seem like to me. There is a whole line of these for Marvel characters.
In each subscription box came a tee-shirt in one of four designs. Mine has Thor and Ultron on it. I looked on twitter for pics of the other designs. They are all similar except for which characters are featured. I really want Captain America but Thor's pretty good.
They also included a variant cover comic book. 

And since everything cannot be a big ticket product, the "filler" for this box included an iron-on Collector Corps patch with Ultron and a Captain America Collector Corps pin. I would have like these better if they did not have "Collector Corps" on them. I would rather have just gotten a Captain America pin and a Ultron patch without the sub box promotion.
My overall opinion of this subscription box is pretty good. The shirt and Funko POP alone would cost about $35 together, give or take. I really like that it all ties into one film. Now I am even more psyched to see the film plus I know what I'll be wearing.






3 comments:

  1. I couldn't believe how big and heavy the Hulkbuster was! I ended up with the Thor shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the coloring of the Thor shirt but would have been happy with the Captain American one : )

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is a really cool subscription box (the shirt is really cool)! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it :)

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...