Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year- A Fresh Start

I thought 2013 was a bad year, but 2014 was worse. So much misery and death.
I started this blog as a way to concentrate on fun things. Anything from Geeky goodness, to trying out new recipes, failing at crafts and everything in between.
I have used this blog to make myself focus on the good.
I want to continue this into the new year.

It's a cliche because it's true
Something I learned when I was studying Psychology is how important certain days are to setting realistic goals. The biggest day is almost always New Year's, but the first of any month or any Monday can be a start date for beginning something new.
I have quite a few goals this year.

Healthy Eating and Exercising:
This is the go to New Year's goal and this year my mom and I are on board too. In fact we started this Monday. Why does food that is bad for you taste so damn good. Whereas healthy food makes me sad. We are trying to cut out as much processed foods as possible and include a lot of fruit and veggies. All this and staying within a pretty small budget. Three days in and this is already looking like a very long uphill battle.
A skinny broccoli cheddar soup. Not bad, but not good either. Just sad.

Stop Wasting Time:
Sometimes I find myself playing really boring and pointless games online ie Farmville, Angry Birds...anything on Facebook really. Or wasting hours on Tumblr. I don't know how I managed to do that. Why? WHY?!

Blogging Goals:
I want to write interesting posts and create a visually appealing site. I just lack most tech skills. This is just something I am going to have to carve out time and work on.

Life Goals:
There are things I have been held back from doing for years because mundane life gets in the way. I have made so many sacrifices because I keep telling myself that it is the right thing to do. This year I have decided to go for the things I want. I may have to be a bit selfish and say "This is what I want to do."

I don't think any of my goals this year are unattainable. And each one would make me a happier person. So I will try my best because that is all I can do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Brief December Wrap Up
Presents!!!
This year's holiday haul!
PJs, socks and Cheshire cats Yay!
The Bride of Frankenstein is from my cousin. Pretty great choice especially considering that she was overwhelmed by the wall of Funkos at Hottopic. It glows in the dark. : )
And mystery minis
A duplicate Tyrion. That's okay.
Doctor Who's Jackson. Out of all the ones in this series I ended up with this one...I wanted Jack, the Master or Rose. Still want Amy and Rory from another series.
But the highlight is GoT's Arya. This is the one I really wanted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy New Year!!!!



2 comments:

  1. I feel ya with the "life goals" resolution, as I'm in the same boat. Gotta make time and do things for ourselves! Hope 2015 is better than 2014 was for us both ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2015 WILL be better for the both of us! : )

      Delete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...