Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December Birchbox and Ipsy

I have been a tad bit MIA for over the past week. I have actually been overwhelmed at all the little things I have been needing to do, mostly holiday related. Basically I have been in full procrastination mode and I really should just get my crap together.
Since my Birchbox and Ipsy subscription boxes arrived I figured it would be a good time to write up a blog post review. At least I feel like I am doing something.
 Since I share these subscription boxes with my mom the products in blue are the ones I kept.
  • Number 4 Hair Care Hydrating Shampoo and packet of Conditioner- A decent sized sample of shampoo and a packet of condition. I really don't like shampoos or conditioners in packets like you see at the top of the box.
  • Embryolisse Lait-creme Concentrate- This is a rather small sample of a French moisturizer. I haven't tried this out yet but I do love getting samples of products like these. I just wish it was bigger.
  • Ruffian Nail Lacquer in RUFFIAN red- This is a cute bottle of polish. The color is vibrant. It is my favorite out of this box.
  • Beauty Protector Protect and Oil-  A vial of hair oil that is supposed to protect against UV ray, heat and breakage. I like the Beauty Protector brand but neither me or my mom are fans of hail oil.
  • Mirenesse iCurl Secret Weapon 24hr Mascara- The design of this mascara is great. The bottle has an attractive shape and the brush is really curved.

Ipsy's glam bag includes a makeup bag every month. This month's bag is shown in the top picture.
  • Bumble and Bumble All-style Blow Dry- A good sized sample of hair creme for blow drying. 
  • NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm- The lip balm in my bag was Red Velvet. Really pretty color that goes on smooth. Somewhere between a lipstick and a chap-stick. I liked this alot.
  • Tarte 4-in-1 Mascara- Even though it is a small sized sample it works great for keeping in your purse for touch ups.
  • Crown Brush Shadow/crease brush- I have very little in the way of makeup tools so getting a duel eye shadow brush in this bag was pretty great.
  • Nourish Organic- Renewing Eye Creme- A good sized sample of eye creme with avocado oil, Moroccan Argan oil and Shea butter  

Pretty good selection of products this month. Each of these subscription boxes cost $10 a month including shipping. My favorite products for the month are from Birchbox: The Ruffian nail lacquer and from Ipsy: a toss up between the eye shadow brush and the NYX lip balm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...