Friday, December 4, 2015

5 Fandom Friday: Holiday Recommendations

It is 5 Fandom Friday time! Thanks to The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick for putting this together every week.
This week is all about Holiday Recommendations.

1. Holiday Candy
There are so many delicious holiday candies out right now but out of all of these I would have to choose the Milk Chocolate Orange as a must try. I believe you can find these some places year round, I never have. 
The first thing you do with these orbs of yummy is to smash is while it is in the foil. BAM! Then you have slices of chocolate with a perfect hint of orange. 

2. Bath and Body Works Peppermint Lotion
I worked at B&BW one holiday season. I still have flashbacks. The one positive thing I got out of my time there is my love for their Peppermint Lotion. It isn't too sweet smelling like some peppermint lotions. If you are near a B&BW try it out.

3. Hogfather
I read this every year. Imagine every holiday story you know and mix it up in a fun and strange fantasy world. Where DEATH is a character that you root for as he and his granddaughter try to save the Hogfather. If you don't have time for the book there is a movie version. But in all honesty, read this. Terry Prachett wrote some of the best fantasy books I have every read. His Discworld series has at least one book that everyone will like.

4. Starbucks
Starbucks seasonal drinks are back. My mom is obsessed with the Eggnog lattes. I however hate eggnog so I go for the Peppermint drinks. Mmmm Peppermint mocha latte please.

5. Babes in Toyland
Why do I love this cringe-worthy film? A very young Keanu Reeves and Drew Barrymore take on the forces of mildly evil to save Toyland. This needs to come out on DVD already. I used to have it on VHS but now I have to catch it with it is sporadically on TV. BTW I know all the lines from "C-I-N-C-I-N-N-A-T-I" song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...