Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March Birchbox and Ipsy

This month's Birchbox and Ipsy subscription boxes have arrived. Each subscription cost $10 a month including shipping. I share these boxes with my mom, so the products in GREEN are the ones she choose. Now onto the reviews/descriptions.

  • Oscar Blandi Lacca Hairspray- A decent sized sample of hairspray. Honestly I can't tell the difference between hairsprays. I do like that I can put this in my purse or tote.
  • Elite Therapeutics Rosemary Eucalyptus Body Creme- I'm sorry but YUCK. I hate eucalyptus. When I worked at Bath and Body Works I always tried to steer clear of anything with eucalyptus scent. My mom is the same way, a big no for us.
  • Nelson J Beverly Hills Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Mask- Coconut- Not a fan of anything with coconut in it. But the sample size is pretty good compared to other sample hair masks I've received. Pity we won't use it.
  • Jelly Pong Pong GLOW GETTER Highlighter- I though this was a tiny bottle of nail polish at first. It is a shimmer highlighter for cheeks and brow bones. 
  • BioRepublic Cucumber Breeze Soothing Mask- Face masks are always a win in these boxes. A fiber mask to calm stressed skin.  

Ipsy always includes a makeup bag.
  • LeeAnni Eco 3 in 1 Revolution Light- A toner, serum and moisturizer lotion. Good sized sample especially since it does not seem like you need a lot of it. 
  • NYX Butter Lipstick- The shade I got is Hunk. It looks intimidating and dark but it goes on lighter and actually works well with my pale, pale skin. Lightweight and not sticky too, Win!
  • Chella Ivory Lace Hightlighter- A multi-purpose pencil for highlighting the eyes or cover dark circles and blemishes. Sample size is nice.
  • Pixie by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo- I'm pretty happy with the size and colors. It is just a good product.
  • skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels- What I really liked it that they sent two sets of these. Even though my mom took both.
If I had to choose a winner this month, Ipsy hands down. We just didn't like a lot of Birchbox's products this month. I do like the assortment of products that each of these subscription boxes send each month. My favorite from Birchbox: Cucumber Breeze Soothing Mask and from Ipsy: NYX Butter Lipstick.

Do you get either of these boxes? If you get Ipsy what did you think of the makeup bag this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...