Friday, August 5, 2016

Netflix Picks- August 2016

This month Netflix hasn't added anything new that I feel like recommending. Instead I thought I would theme this month's choices.
Here are some of my "guilty-pleasure" movies and films.
As always: As of the time I am writing this all of these films and tv shows are currently streaming on Netflix USA but that could change at any minute.

Grease 2

This movie is a disaster on so many levels but I can sing most of the soundtrack by memory. Hated the lead male character. But the T-Birds and Pink Ladies are great, even though I could have beaten up these T-birds. 
Favorite songs: Cool Rider, Let's Do It For Our Country and Reproduction

Liv and Maddie

I somehow stumbled upon this Disney show...and I liked it. It's like a modern day Patty Duke Show. Bonus points for actually having Ms. Patty Duke herself guest star. For Buffy fans, you might recognize the mom, she played Anya's demon friend Halfrek and Spike's former crush Cecily.


Heathers

I grew up watching Heathers. It is a dark comedy and may not be for everyone but Christian Slater is perfection as JD and I wanted to be Winona Ryder's Veronica (still do). I have been obsessed with the musical version of Heathers. I plan on seeing a local theatre production of it around the end of the month. If you like this movie listen to the Heathers The Musical soundtrack. Theatre Girl Scream

40 Days and 40 Nights

After watching Penny Dreadful I am reminded how adorable/hot Josh Hartnett is. 40 Days and 40 Nights is a rom-com using the Lent as the abstaining plot device. As far as early 2000's rom-coms go this is pretty good even when it is embarrassing to watch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...