Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Netflix Picks- July 2016

A couple of really great things have been added to Netflix this month.
My usual disclaimer- As of the time I am writing this these films and television shows are available on Netflix is the USA. They can at anytime be taken off...because it's Netflix.

Batman-The Movie
I grew up watching the 1960's Batman and now the movie is on Netflix. Fingers crossed that the TV series will show up soon. This is campy and wonderful.
*Drinking game opportunities

Penny Dreadful
This TV series takes well known characters from 19th century literature and interweaves them into a dark and stunning series. Dorian Gray, Victor Frankenstein and Dracula to name a few.

The Shannara Chronicles
I had no idea what this was when I first watched it on MTV. I am still shocked that MTV made such an interesting and visually capturing series. If you like Lord of the Rings or anything in that fantasy vein this is something to check out. I was surprised how much I liked it. The tree that keeps the demons trapped in an alternate reality is dying and it is up the the Eleven princess, Amberle, and a few unlikely allies to save their world. 

Adult World
Even though I find Emma Roberts on the screeching side, this was actually an interesting film. It is saved by Evan Peters being in it. Not for everyone. 
A recent college grad and wannabe poet takes a job at a sex shop. This begins her exposure to the real world and growing up.

2 comments:

  1. Oh interesting viewing, will check out The Shannara Chronicles. I loved the first series of Penny Dreadful then it got all a bit too scary Mary for me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second series of Penny Dreadful did get out there, I still want to see the third one though : )

      Delete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...