Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Faux Foodie: Bananas Foster

This month for Faux Foodie we made something we have always wanted to try, Bananas Foster.
After finding a pretty simple recipe my mom and I dived in.
Just to let you know, since we were not sure if the rum would flame up or the ingredients would scorched we used an old, beat up looking pan. I don't want anyone thinking I usually use this unflattering pan in the pictures below : P 
I also found this mini bottle of rum at the liquor store. Release The Kraken!!
The All Recipes version seemed pretty straight forward. Melt the butter
Add the Brown sugar.
Then stir in vanilla, rum and cinnamon
(To be honest I was kinda hoping for a bit of a flame..nope)
Cut the bananas so that they look odd before putting them in the bubbling mixture. 
Cook until the bananas are warmed through. 
And scoop onto ice cream.
Pretty simple.
My mom liked this but I didn't. It turned out okay but it just wasn't to my taste. In truth I have never been a spiced rum fan and the only dark rum we could find was spiced. That added to the cinnamon just didn't appeal to me. 
Still this is something we have both wanted to try and I'm glad we did. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...