Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Faux Foodie- A Little Game of Thrones


I decided to make a quick Game of Thrones themed Faux Foodie this month. This one is inspired by the meal at Castle Black
First off Lemon Sugar Cookies for Sansa. I feel that Sansa has left behind her love of Lemon Cakes and would like something that travels well. 
 I do not have any "making of" pictures because things went wrong with the first batch. As in small fire wrong.
The parchment paper is evil. I must always remember to use tin foil.
Also I grated my knuckle when I started grated the lemon.
The cookies in the picture above are the second attempt. SO much better than the knuckle and smoke flavored first attempt.

Tormund's Sexy Bread
Never has bread looked so suggestive than when Tormund tried to seduce Brienne with his bread eating.
I made this bread using a simple crusty bread recipe I found online. They said to use a dutch oven which I don't have but any oven safe dish is allowed.
Crusty...um, you could say that.
The Wildlings could used this bread as a weapon. It took three different knives before we managed to cut through this bread. If Tormund had this bread it would have been a different type of scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...