Friday, June 10, 2016

5 Fandom Friday- Fandoms I Couldn't Get Into

Fandom Friday is back thanks to The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick
This week "Fandoms I Couldn't Get Into".

1. Supernatural
Let's get the one I am most ashamed of over with first. I tried to watch a few episodes of Supernatural because I know a lot of people who LOVE it, but I just could get into it. Maybe I didn't watch enough episodes. IDK

2. Twilight

via GIPHY
I grew up reading Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles so the Twilight series just didn't cut it with me. I read the book and saw the first movie. No thanks

3. P.C. Cast
Since I live near Tulsa, OK I could not escape P.C. Cast's series The House of Night. A vampyre series set in and around Tulsa. Yes it is interesting to read in a book about places you can go to whenever, but for me the books just fell flat.

4. Comics
Yes I love the Marvel Cinematic and Television universe. Yes I grew up watching Batman the 1960's series. But actually reading comics. Nope. I have a few comics. I think anyone with a geeky subscription box has a few laying around. But I have never actively sort them out.

5. The Magicians
via GIPHY
This is another one that I hate to fess up to not liking. I watched the entire first season, but I really did not like any of the characters (Eliot being the exception even though he could be very unlikable at times too).

There it is. I feel bad about not liking most of these. Maybe in the future this will change.

7 comments:

  1. There are SO many different comics out there I bet you could find something you like! It can be super overwhelming though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is the main problem. Where to start.

      Delete
  2. I really disliked the PC Cast series too! I remember trying to read it when I was younger and I was just like NOPE. And if you disliked The Magicians TV show, then I definitely don't recommend reading the books since the first season of the show was much better than the first book (which took me three separate tries to finally read all the way through).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I heard the book wasn't that great compared to the tv series. I will probably watch the next season anyway lol

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on Supernatural, all the way! Did you read The Magicians (the book the series is based on)? I wonder if you'd like it better than the series?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol totally with you on Twilight, grew up on Anne Rice. I almost envy those that do not get into Supernatural. Like, there are so many episodes I LOVE, but then there are ones that piss me off. I'm taking a kind of Supernatual break right now, but I still Netflix my favs while ignoring the other eps. s7 ep 20 is first Felica Day, love her. s6 ep 5 is a beautiful Twilight parody.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edward loves you, Melissa....

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...