Monday, October 5, 2015

Halloween Fest: Making A Mascot

I decided that I needed a Halloween mascot this year. So I gathered up my polymer clay and paint and set out to make a little monster.
In retrospect using toothpicks to hold the head and arms on was a great idea. If only I had though about trying to use them on the legs. You will see why soon.

I wanted him to be a bit weird but kinda cute too. So horns and a pumpkin seemed appropriate. Polymer clay and I have a difficult relationship. I can never make it look the exact way I want it too. But I thought I had this lil guy the way I wanted him.

Then a post-baking disaster took place. The moment I took him out of the oven a leg fell off. 
Then to add insult to injury, one of the horns fell off too.
I knew I could glue the horn back on, but the legs were a lost cause. I gathered up what remained of the camo green clay and made a new plan.

Meet Slithering Sam.
Discord's Halloween Fest 2015 Mascot
You will be seeing this guy quite a bit this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...