Friday, October 16, 2015

Funko Friday: Once Upon A Walking Dead Funko

It is still #HallowFest15 but the lovely ladies at kimiwho.com and dePepi.com have started a new blog together all about Funkos
Funko Fridays hosted by KimiWho.com and dePepi.com
Each week they have a prompt for their fellow bloggers.
This week it is "Once Upon A Funko", meaning how us Funko addicts got started.
This works for HallowFest because my first funkos were THE WALKING DEAD.
I had never heard of Funkos before I won a Walking Dead prize pack from Nerd Fu.
Prior to that I had one or two Doctor Who mini Titan figures.
The prize pack came with two 7 inch Walker pops and three mystery minis.
The minis I got were Meryl, bicycle girl and girl with teddy bear.
This is where my obsession with mystery minis began in full.
Right now I am working on the Game of Thrones sets. 
Of course I am prone to collection due to being a kid of the 90s. Beanie Babies and Pogs anyone? I miss pogs for some odd reason.

 The season premier of The Walking Dead was last Sunday. This show and Game of Thrones are my nerve wracking, masochistic watching shows. I love them but I spend most of the time in a fetal position while watching. At this point anyone one could die.
I love that the Walking Dead has veered away from the Graphic Novels and made the show its own entity. It makes it where no one knows what could happen. So Sundays are the most stressful day of my week and I love it.
Also they killed the guy from Empire Records...aka Rusty Griswold...aka the guy from That Thing You Do
Don't mess with the Ricktatorship, especially if a Walker TRAPPED in a tree is able to take you out. Weak





5 comments:

  1. I miss pogs too... I LOVED collecting those as a kid. Haha I probably have the same Doctor Who Titan figures you do but I was really excited to see Funko pick up the DW license earlier this year.

    Thanks for showing us your first Funkos! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Funko Who too but I need Rory and Amy : )

      Delete
  2. I was all about some pogs back in the day. I only have a few minis and they are all GoT. I also could only see Carter as the guy from Empire Records...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a total sucker for blind box toys. I've got a bunch from a variety of different movies/shows. And I'm not a TWD fan, but I appreciate how detailed these little guys are!

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...