Thursday, September 18, 2014

Kristy 1993-2014

My baby girl died yesterday.
Kristy was more than a cat to me and my family. She has been with us for 21 years. Full of personality and sass. My heart is broken. I cannot explain how much this is killing me. Some people will just write off the death of an animal as nothing, I am not one of those people. Kristy is family.

She hated when I took her picture
Up until the very end I had hope that she would rally. Sometimes she would get sick and not eat for a few day and then be perfectly fine. Back to her normal spry and wild self. She didn't get better this time.

I keep trying to be grateful for the time I had with her. I was by her side as she passed away. Bawling and begging her to stay. At the very end as she was going all i could do was put my hand on her paw and say I love you over and over. Hoping that she would understand that she wasn't alone and that she means the world to me.

Asleep on my bed a few years ago
21 years is a long time to be with anyone feline or human. I have lost my only true friend and companion. This hurts so much. I can barely type this. Everything in this house reminds me of her. It is so hard to carry on with the normal pointless things I do everyday when all I can think about is her little face. Those big green eyes. She is my profile picture on almost all of my social media pages; twitter, blogger, tumblr. Her memory is everywhere.

Everything belong to her royal highness
Some people will judge me, let them. I loved her with all my heart and I will not regret it or try and justify it to anyone. Love is love. Since my birthday, 21 years ago, when I came home from school to find this beautiful black kitten asleep on my bed with a red bow on her head she has been mine and I have been hers. I feel like I lost a part of myself as she laid there dying. The best part of me.

I am taking a break from the blog and social media until the first of October. I had planned on a lot of Halloweens posts in October. I will try and still do that. My mom thinks that it will be a way to get through this, but until then I need to mourn. 

Kristy ~ Christopher Robin ~ Kriss Kriss ~ Her Highness



2 comments:

  1. *hugs* I know how hard it is to lose a pet. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...