Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Year of Ipsy and Birchbox

After nearly three weeks, I think it is time to get back into blogging. Mainly as a distraction.
Easiest place to start- Subscription Boxes
---------------------------------------------------------------
Since October of last year I have received an Ipsy Glam bag and Birchbox every month. I thought I would give a show you what this looks like. Each subscription box is $10 a month shipped in the US.

First up: Ipsy

Ipsy comes with a makeup bag every month. In general with this subscription you are more likely to get full sized products, or close to full sized. I have also gotten a few really great makeup tools. The brands range from the affordable, which you can pick up in drugstore to a few higher end products. 
Ipsy also has a Rewards program where you review the products you've received for points that you can trade in for certain products.


Birchbox tends to have some of the higher end product samples. While you may not receive as many full sized products, this subscription box offers a chance to try out all sorts of different products that you may not have ever tried due to price. Birchbox is the more diverse in terms of what you can get. I feel there is less of an emphasis on makeup and more skin care and hair styling. That isn't to say that I haven't gotten a few good makeup samples in this box.
The Birchbox rewards program is really great. You get points for reviewing your box as well as points for anything you buy from them. Every 100 points equals $10 that you can use in their store.

I have really enjoyed getting these subscription boxes. The price is great and every month you get new products to try out.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...