Wednesday, October 7, 2015

HallowFest: Nightmare Before Xmas Tee-Shirt Pillows

Really getting started with #HallowFest15 means decorating the house weeks in advance. A whole month of Halloween, yes please.
One of the first things I wanted to try included making throw pillows out of some old Nightmare Before Xmas tees. I have had these since at least Junior High. Vintage Hot Topic.

I thought by safety pinning the shirt together before I started cutting would help. Not so much. In the end on both shirts I had to do some trimming. 

At first I though I had cut the red shirt too small. Luckily the material is really stretchy and plumped with the filling.  
Also sewing shirt material is a massive pain. My sewing machine kept trying to eat the material. The struggle was real. 
Sewing the squares together inside out. I almost forgot to leave a hole big enough to turn it right side out again and fill it with stuffing. The newest thing I had to learn for these throw pillows was the "Ladder Stitch" a way of sewing up the pillows after filling them so that you cannot see the stitches. I looked at a few tutorials online and it turned out to be pretty simple. 

Comfy
Despite some problems these came out great. At least Slithering Sam likes them.
The HalloweenFest decor has begun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...