Friday, August 22, 2014

August's Loot Crate: Heroes


This month's Loot Crate is here.
Loot Crate is a monthly subscription box for all your geeky and gamer needs.
As a counter balance to last month's Villains crate this month's theme is Heroes.
Loot Crate is pretty good at giving hints to what may be in the crates each month without really giving anything away. It was announce early on that this month's crate would feature and exclusive Funko Pop!.
It's Groot!!
 A Groot bobble head with a glow in the dark hand. The glow in the dark feature is what makes this an exclusive for Looters only figure. This is pretty perfectly timed with all the Guardians of the Galaxy love going around now.
This is my favorite this month.
Staying with what is popular right now, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. A pair of Michelangelo sunglasses and a Leonardo figure.
I like the old Ninja Turtles. In fact as a small child I stood on the seat in a movie theater and screamed "I Love Being A Turtle!" Much to the embarrassment of my mother.
The new version just doesn't appeal to me, I'm not sure why. At least these are more in line with the older versions.
Also included:
A Sonic air freshener.
Winged accessories for your shoes.
These are pretty fun. In fact my mom has already called dibs on the wings and Ninja Turtle sunglasses.
And to finish off this month's crate:
A magnet with Deadpool's cereal of choice.
Digital codes for Doctor Who Legacy, Defense Grid: The Awakening and Gauntlet.
And of course this month's theme in button form.
Also something to make a note of: this is the second crate to feature a custom box design on the inside to go along with the theme. With the Villains crate last month the boxed looked like the Joker and Harley Quinn graffiti-ed it. This month the inside is made to look like the sewer home of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
I really like this idea and hope they will continue it.
Over all I am giving this crate a 6/10. The Groot figure alone makes it worth getting. This crate suffers from having to follow what I think is the best crate so far: Villains. Still the Heroes crate is packed with some pretty fun goodies.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...