Saturday, June 7, 2014

Fun and Simple Tony Awards Menu

I LOVE the Tony Awards. I record it every year to watch it over and over again.
Because I live in the Plains, aka Oklahoma, I have never seen a Broadway show on Broadway. However I am thankful for the fabulous touring productions I have seen here.
Usually if a production gets a few Tony Awards then a touring company will make the rounds. YEA!

This year I came up with some simple snacks to make in honor of a couple of shows nominated this year.

Hedwig and the Angry Inch
I am slightly obsessed with Hedwig and the Angry Inch. I have seen the movie so many times, forced many people to watch it as well and I know all the songs from singing along loudly to the soundtrack.
When Neil Patrick Harris took over the Broadway reins of the glorious Hedwig, I have never wanted to be in New York more.
Representing this musical in my menu is:

 Hedwig's Screwdriver- Orange juice and vodka but with the glamour of sparkly red sugar around the rim. Like Hedwig's ruby red lips

Angry Inch Hors d'oeuvres- Slightly obscene, I know, but I just had to make these. Vienna sausages on butter crackers with spray cheese wigs. So gross but oh so fun.
I actually hate vienna sauages...  

A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder

I choose to represent this musical not because I could make anything special, but because it looks like a great musical which I really would like to see.
Originally I wanted to go with scones but time constraints got in the way.

Love and Murder Toast Points- Not technically real toast points, but toast cut into points : )  Nutella for Love, because who does not love chocolate, and strawberry jam for Murder. Got to have some gore.

Les Miserables

One of the classic musicals. So many painfully beautiful songs. Not a big fan of the movie version but this is such a great show. 
 Add the talent of Ramin Karimloo as Jean Valjean
Wow.
I want a tie between him and NPH!


French Meringue Cookies- I found a kid friendly recipe for these since I never tried to make these before and they came out great. I used vanilla sugar instead of plain sugar and added some color to make the French flag out of the cookies.  


I had a lot of fun coming up with these. Some of these are really strange and I love it.

~Eris 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...