Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Marvel Collector Corps- Secret Wars

Unlike last time, when my Ant-Man box disappeared in the mail void, this month's Marvel Collector Corps box arrived a day after I got the tracking email. Yea!
The Marvel Collector Corps subscription box comes out every other month with a different theme. This month it is Secret Wars. To be perfectly honest I am not that familiar with this story since I am not a big comic book reader.
This box is $25 + shipping in the USA.
(This may be my last box for awhile since I am having to make quite a few cuts financially to help out with the loss of my grandfather.)
Now on to the fun stuff
Let's start out with the minor things.
Each box so far has had both a patch and a pin connected with both the Corps and the box's theme. The patch looks like Falcon/Captain America. I want to say the pin is a silver Iron Man. Remember I am not yet familiar with this story, so I may get some of these wrong.
The Comic in this box is of course Secret Wars with a Funko Pop version of (lady) Thor on the cover.
We got two regular Funko Pops in this box. 
The (lady) Thor pop has some obvious paint flaws but nothing too bad. Still it is a pretty detailed pop. I like it.
The Spider-Man pop has one or two paint marks off but still in good overall shape. Pity I am not a Spider-Man fan.
All in all a nice Pop haul. 

My personal favorite this month is the shirt. I was disappointed in the Ant-Man shirt but this has made up for it.
It's cute and super hero-y

I really do think that if you are a Marvel fan, especially one that like Funko products, this is a great subscription box to get. Most of the products are exclusives and they keep within the theme without much filler.



2 comments:

  1. I was SO surprised to see we were getting TWO Pops! I love how they keep mixing up the different toy items!

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...