Friday, July 29, 2016

July Wrap Up/ Ab Fab Review

It's the monthly wrap up post. I am also going to add my review to Absolutely Fabulous the Movie at the end.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Let's start off with the lowest point of the month.
TORNADO!
Technically straight line winds, but they can actually be worse than a funnel cloud. I was at work, there wasn't a Tornado Watch. The worst of "Tornado Season" is supposed to be over. Then BAM, I'm hiding in a bathroom at work with a bunch of other people. I hate tornadoes!
---------------------------------------
Changing Things Up
I have mentioned last week that I am going to try and focus on getting physical fit. I am actually eating grapes as I write this...but I want chocolate. Making better choices. That is the plan. Since I have been feeling off lately I also cut off my hair. It is shoulder length so it isn't drastic, but my hair was really long to begin with. 
--------------------------------------------
Jabba

Just something I wanted to share. I made a clay Jabba the Hutt for an online contest. Didn't win but at least I have this monstrosity.
--------------------------------------------------------
Absolutely Fabulous the Movie
I have grown up watching the British TV series Absolutely Fabulous. I think it may have been one of the first British shows I ever watch. It is one of the few TV shows that my parents and I both like.
Although I love the show, the movie was just okay. Since it is a limited run release it cost about $10 to see. Not really worth it for the price. I did laugh a few times and smile quite a bit.
In some ways it is a good send off to a beloved show. So many of the pasts characters show up. Edina and Patsy are still out of control and doing it with style. It just felt a bit off. Maybe because it is the end.
All that aside there were some good moments. Jon Hamm and Patsy, YES! Also Chris Colfer as Edina's stylist was a perfect way to do a cameo.
The final resolution between Saffy and Edina was sweet. That for me was important for the end of this all encompassing franchise. 
When this comes out on DVD I will probably get it along with the entire series. It does give a nice closure but not at movie theater prices.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...