Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year- Restart


A New Year has started. As with every New Year I like to think of it has a new beginning. A restart if you will.
Last year was pretty horrible. I want 2016 to be a thousand times better.

Here are my goals for this year.

1. Go Somewhere or Do Something New Each Month
I think the main reason I never get to do anything remotely fun is due to a lack of money. Being poor is a bitch. But this year I want to try and get out of this house and participate in life more. It could be anything from trying a new place to eat, going to an art exhibit, going on a road trip (Fingers crossed) or anything in between. My life has been on hold for so many years do to family obligations, time to have some fun.

2. Exercise Everyday and Eat Healthier
I think everyone has this goal each year. I really want to stick to it this time. I will not do what I did last year and try to completely change my eating habits over night. I will just to to start cutting out the junk food and including healthy options a little bit at a time. 
With exercising I tend to work out every weekday but once the weekends come along I veg out, eat badly and fail to do any sort of exercising. Then I am shocked when I haven't gotten fitter. I will change this.

3. Take Classes
I enjoyed my college classes. I took a variety of different types of classes because I learned that too many Psychology classes a semester is bloody insane. They all seem to contradict each other.
I miss learning new things. I plan to take some classes this each, even if it is just a refresher of French on the library website. I would love to find some dancing classes that are not just for kids. 

4. Go To The Theatre
With taking on the elder care of both of my grandfathers, things like going to see musicals and plays were out of the question. My mom and I used to go to all of the touring musicals that came to the PAC. We really miss that.
I will make this happen.

5. New Recipes (That Are Not Desserts)
I bake, I don't cook.
When it comes to making proper food I fail. I can make almost any dessert and I enjoy trying new ones out. But I need to learn to make something other than sweets. It doesn't help that I am a picky eater and that I hate the smell of meat cooking. This will be a difficult goal but it also feeds into my healthy eating goal.

*Also I would love to get this blog redesigned but I fail at the tech side of blogging. If anyone wants to volunteer to help me with that comment below or get a hold of me on twitter.

I want 2016 to start off with hope and good intentions that will carry it through til 2017
I hope you all achieve your goals this year too.


2 comments:

  1. New recipes that are not desserts... that's going to be hard (I KNOW)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, so many yummy desserts to try on Pinterest : )

      Delete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...