Friday, January 29, 2016

5 Fandom Friday- Late to the Game TV Shows

This week's Fandom 5 prompt is "Late to the Game TV Shows". I have quite a few of these. Thanks once again to The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick for these weekly ideas.

1. Parks and Rec
via GIPHY

I started Parks and Rec before but I didn't like it. Then someone told me that it gets better by the end of season 2. They were right and I loved it. I managed to binge the entire series that was on Netflix in time to watch the final season live. It was LITERALLY the best timing ever.

2. The Office
via GIPHY

Another show that I never watched when it was still going. It just did not look like something that would interest me. Again I was wrong. Thank yo Netflix for allowing me to curl up in bed watching this show for days on end. Creed is who I want to be.

3. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
via GIPHY
I was late to the Marvel fandom. I didn't start my obsession until after the first Avengers movie. So of course I would be late to this TV show. There has not been a show that have kept me so enthralled before. I cannot wait for each new episode and yet I am terrified for these characters. I am almost too invested now.

4. Farscape
via GIPHY

I didn't see any Farscape episodes until the show was over. I think the first Farscape related thing I watch was the mini-series that served as a wrap up. This is a really great show. Human Astronaut Criton ends up on a living ship filled with alien prisoners on the run. Add Henson shop puppets and you have a fantastic sci-fi show.

5. The Tribe

This kid soap opera from New Zealand was a passion of mine in High School. I think it was over by that time and it played randomly on tv. It was basically a hide and seek show for me. It never played at the same time and almost never show up on the TV schedule. If you have never seen it, it is a drama about kids coping in a world where everyone over 18 has died of a virus. They wore outrageous outfits, hair and makeup. I totally dressed up as a Tribe member for Halloween my senior year. No one knew what I was though. My first cosplay : )


3 comments:

  1. Agents of SHIELD is definitely on my watch list. I watched the first episode live, and then life happened and I got more and more behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Farscape! I LOVE that show. And Parks and Rec, and SHIELD. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I started Parks and Rec and didn't like it. Maybe I should try once more time.

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...