Friday, January 22, 2016

5 Fandom Friday- 5 Favorite Movies Currently on Netflix

This week's prompt from The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick is "Favorite Ways to Netflix and Chill". I know what "Netflix and Chill" means but I don't really do that. So I chanced the prompt a bit to just a list of my favorite movies currently on Netflix.

1. Velvet Goldmine
via GIPHY


I have loved this movie for years. In fact it is the film that introduced me to my favorite band Placebo. If you like David Bowie, Iggy Pop and Glam rock this is the movie for you (No, Bowie and Iggy are not in this film but it has characters loosely based on them)
The soundtrack is great. Plus there is baby Christian Bale as a groupie.

2.Heavenly Creatures
This strange film based on a real life murder is both Kate Winslet and Peter Jackson's first film. Two young girls in New Zealand murder one of their mothers. Simple plot right. Nope. Peter Jackson takes you into their imaginary world and you get to see the world through their eyes.

3. The Crow
via GIPHY


All three of The Crow films are on Netflix right now but the first is truly the greatest. This film may be more known for having the lead actor, Brandon Lee, die on set. But the film itself is amazing. A tale of vengeance and redemption. The whole look and feel of the film is great. Add a 90's alternative soundtrack and BAM! 

4. Human Traffic
Why do I love this film? Maybe it is because I missed out on the 90's rave scene, especially the 90's in England. This film is about a group of friends on a night out in Cardiff getting trashed and having fun. Nerdy note: The lead character is played by John Simms aka The Master from Doctor Who and if you look closely you can find Andrew Lincoln aka The Walking Dead's Rick Grimes

5. Heathers 
via GIPHY


The classic 80's dark comedy. I have become obsessed with the musical version of this. This film has become a cult classic and for good reason. It is funny and wrong at the same time. There are tons of one liners that just make this film great.


3 comments:

  1. WOW. I am defiantly going to add a few of those to the list! Thank you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. By Jove you have amazing taste in film! Human Traffic - Love. Heathers - Love. The Crow - Love. I will definitely be checking out the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous list!
    What's your damage Heather? Oh I so need to go watch that now :) x

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...