Friday, November 20, 2015

5 Fandom- Fandoms That I'm Thankful For

It has been a long time since I have written a 5 Fandom Friday post.
This week is all about Fandoms.
Thanks to the Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick for once again coming up with all of these prompts.

1. Stargate
I think Stargate was the first real fandom that I interacted with. Because of this show I went to my first Trek Expo, I totally sported some camo capris. 
Stargate was also indirectly responsible for me becoming a Whovian. I saw the promos for Doctor Who on the Sci-fi channel and decided to watch it.
Thus my descent into the sci-fi rabbit hole became complete.

2. Harry Potter
This is more for my mom.
My mom used to go to the release parties at book stores for these books. Then she would come home and read the latest book well into the morning.
See, nerdiness is genetic

3. Doctor Who
I am a Whovian.
Although the past few seasons have left me disenchanted.
I can still remember watching that first episode and know that this would be my favorite show.
"I'm the Doctor, by the way..... Run for your life"
I was hooked.

4. Marvel
I was late to the game with the Marvel Universe, but I feel like I have made up for it. I absolutely love the Marvel Universe. The films and the tv shows just make me happy. I really cannot choose my favorite from this. 
But I will say that Peggy Carter is PERFECT

5. Geek Girls Pen Pal Club
This is not a fandom, but a collection of people who are involved in various fandoms. Geeks from all over the world with something in common.
I have met (via online) some of the most amazing people because of this group. I have also been introduced to new fandoms through them.

8 comments:

  1. I used to love watching Stargate with my dad - love your list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great show that gets overlooked now : )

      Delete
  2. Ooh I love love love the Stargate movie but I've never seen the show. Does it compare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It picks up where the movie ends. It changes the characters a bit, but it works for the show. I would recommend it

      Delete
  3. Yay Stargate!! One of my first Fandoms. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Stargate is awesome! Loved it! Also the rest of the list, but Marvel yay! :) And, reading the comments... "stargate is the gateway to all fandoms" OMG xDDDD Melissa you made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...