Friday, October 9, 2015

HallowFest: A Halloween Tree

It isn't Halloween without a Halloween Tree.
As a child I watched the movie The Halloween Tree every year. It is one of the reasons I became obsessed with Halloween...and oddly enough Archaeology.
Since I am too poor to actually go out and buy ornaments for my tree I must make them from what I have available.
(Disney store, why must you torment me with your Nightmare before Christmas ornaments?)
These are the bottom halves of plastic Easter eggs painted with acrylic paint.
Blue and Brown circles with a smaller black circle in the middle and boom, you have eyeball ornaments.
Leftover poster board + silver and black sharpies + a little red ink = Bloody Butcher Knife ornaments.
I also bought some plastic skeletons and a $1 pumpkin garland because even though my tree is pretty small it needed more. 

But what to use as a topper?!?
Why how about a Weeping Angel mask!!! 

Now there is a Weeping Angel's face at eye level when I am sitting on the sofa watching scary movies. 
It is both disturbing and awesome. 
DON"T BLINK SAM!!!
#HallowFest15


2 comments:

  1. Freaking awesome. Those knives look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The knives worked out better than I thought. Yea sharpies

      Delete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...