Friday, September 25, 2015

September Wrap Up

This is a little early but I have Halloween Fest 2015 to prep for.
September has been a odd month, but it always is for me. Having my birthday at the first of the month kind of throws me off. I'm supposed to be Peter Pan and never grow up. At least I made a pretty awesome Harley Quinn cake.

Birthday Theme
I made a little playlist of songs for my birthday. This is my main one though. Thanks to Agents of Shield for introducing this addictive song.

Outings
This month I managed to get to the Philbrook museum in Tulsa on the last day of the "Figure Examined" exhibition. This exhibit featured works from Rodin, Cassett, Dali, Pollock and Warhol and more all showing different representations of the human figure. We ended up going on what turned out to be a Free Saturday. It explains why parking was insane. While it was free I am not sure all the running and screaming children were worth the lack of expense. I think it is great to introduce kids to the arts, but don't just stand back and chuckle while your kids act like terrors. 
I digress. The exhibit was great. Rodin's Adam is so impressive.I even snagged some postcards.
Also if you ever get a chance to go to Philbrook, take the time to explore this gorgeous old house. And don't forget the gardens.

Netflix
Weeds
I finally finished watching Weeds. I really liked this show but I hated Nancy more and more with each season. At first it seems like she is just trying to make ends meet for her family but as time goes on she makes horrible decisions just for the rush without ever considering what this will do to the rest of her family. The other characters were great though. Justin Kirk is fantastic.

Iggles
And finally an awesome Iggle Swap package of stickers. So many cute stickers that I just had to share. The monkeys are my favs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...