Wednesday, June 3, 2015

May Wrap Up

May has been an interesting month. Between the nearly constant rain and weekly tornado threats some pretty great things have happened.

IGGLES
Last month I sign up for two swaps from the International Geek Girls Pen Pal Club aka Iggles. I swapped buttons and a mix cd. All I can say is that everything I received was amazing. The CD is full of songs that I have never heard but I instantly loved. And the buttons, oh the buttons. I really hope they liked what I sent them. After getting such amazing swaps I wish I had sent even more. What fantastic people IGGPPC has as its members. I am glad to call myself an Iggle.
Also I read this month's Iggle BookWorms book Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Book Store

Hauls
Barnes and Noble Hauls
I had two, yes two, opportunities to spend $50 at Barnes and Noble this month. Like any book lover, I was a kid in a candy store of literature and nerdy goodies. My book taste is rather eclectic so I grabbed some YA, classics and historical fiction novels at each visit. And since I am a Funko fanatic and a Marvel convert I had to get Thor and Hawkeye. The only disappointment come with a duplicate Doctor Who figure. Ice Warrior. I still want a Rory or Amy one. Trade?

Pop Tart Pops
Speaking of Funko and Marvel, Pop Tarts has had this promotion where if you buy specially marked boxes of Pop tarts you can get a FREE Iron Man and Captain America Funko Pop. As you can guess I am still eating a massive supply of Pop Tarts. My Pop figures arrived really fast and they are perfect.

My Marvel Pop collection is growing. I still need so many of them like Loki, Black Widow, Agent Coulson, Scarlet Witch...there are a lot.

Netflix
Harper's Island
This show is going to expire at the end of the month. A really interesting series. If you have never seen it before do not read the spoilers. Try and figure out who the murderer is on you own. So much more fun that way. If you start to watch it tweet me with you who think the killer is as you watch. 










2 comments:

  1. still bummed that I missed out on the c.d. swap, but oh well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get in the next one. I love the cd I got

      Delete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...