Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June Wrap Up

This has been a pretty tough month. It started out with a massive power surge that almost started an electrical fire. If I had not been here when it happened I could have lost the house. Turns out my neighbor's tree that is growing into my yard and destroying the fence also rubbed the power-line and cause the damage. I lost a few electronics and had to replace a bunch of wiring. So I didn't have electric for almost a week when summer in Oklahoma came at full blast. I basically became a Tennessee Williams character. " I declare I am a Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"
That was the low point of the month. Now onto the fun stuff.

NETFLIX
Sense8
I watched the new original series, Sense8, on Netflix and I absolutely loved it. Really go watch this. It is sci-fi without being overly sci-fi. It takes a few episodes to get into it but it is worth it. The first few episodes introduce the main 8 characters and some secondary characters. It is important to know these characters as individuals so that when they start interacting it is all understandable. I really need a second season of this. There are many unanswered questions but I look forward to seeing more of this show. On a side note: I still have the song "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes stuck in my head.

Starbucks
The new Starbucks in my town opened!! They had this promotion where the first 100 customers would get a free drink every week for a year. I thought about trying to be one of these lucky 100 but at 9 pm on facebook I saw pictures of people camped out for the night already. There was no way I could stay the night out in the Oklahoma heat defending myself from killer mosquitoes. By 10 pm it looked like the 100 were already there. But that doesn't matter, I still have a Starbucks nearby!!!

Hauls
Before the electric insanity my mom and I went a bit Bath and Body Works wild during the semiannual sale. Basically we took a big chuck out of Christmas shopping. Not bad for $60.

I just got this yesterday from Squishable. A Sloth Plushy!!! I ordered two mystery ones for my cousins' kids birthdays and wanted to get free shipping. Okay to be honest I just wanted this. So freaking cute.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...